USDIndex continued to decline testing 106.25, ECB surprised with Hawkish 50bp rate hike lifting rates above 0 (first hike since 2011) and lifting Euro. US Stocks had another positive day (NASDAQ +1.36%) TSLA +9.78%, SNAP +5.42% but dropped -24% after hours on Earnings miss AT&T -7.42% & United Airlines -10.17%. Asian markets are mostly positive. (Hang Seng -0.01%, Nikkei +0.40%). European FUTS also mixed. Yields are down -4.78%. Oil bounced from $95.00 trades at $98.00, Gold up $1720, BTC holds over $22k. Gazprom turns the gas back on but Europe remains nervous as solidarity is tested, Biden tests Covid positive.
- USDIndex slides further to test 106.25 before bouncing to 107.25 support as EURO rally cools.
- Equities – USA500 closed +0.99%, 39.00pts (3998), US500FUTS at 3884 now.
- Yields 10-year yield lower into close at 2.91, trades at 2.915% now.
- Oil & Gold had volatile sessions last week – USOil trades up from $95 to test $98.00. Gold tests $1720 now from $1680.
- Bitcoin rallied to $23.8K yesterday and holds $22k now, on more chatter of major investments coming.
- FX Markets – EURUSD remains pressured but tested 1.0280 yesterday & back to 1.0142 now and USDJPY is down again to 137.58 now. Cable tested back to 1.2000 & back down ti 1.1913. Race to be new PM is reduced to two contenders this week. New PM Sept 5.
Overnight – UK Retail Sales and PMIs from Europe, Germany, UK and US.
Today: UK & US Flash PMIs, UK Retail Sales, ECB SPF & CBR Policy Announcement, Earnings from American Express, Verizon.
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) AUDUSD (+0.60%). AUD continues to recover from last week’s 0.6680 low and no surprises today from RBA Minutes. Next resistance 0.6850 & 0.6900. MAs aligned higher, MACD histogram & signal line higher, RSI 67 & rising, H1 ATR 0.00124, Daily ATR 0.00908.
Click here to access our Economic Calendar
Head Market Analyst
Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in Leveraged Products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.