The first day of 2023 was a full one Stocks flat?, Bid for the Greenback & Yen, EUR weaker Following softer German CPI data Colossal of oil markets Concerns about global growth Treasuries With US10yr yields losing -2.61%. Despite the Wall Street’s negative handover, Asian stocks have been trading mostly firmer overnight. Hang Seng Outperformed when Nikkei Lagged-1.45%). AUD outperforms. “China pledges ‘final victory’ over COVID as outbreak raises global alarm” – RTS lead story.
- The USD Index To be rallied 104.50 Yesterday, the USD gained An important New Year bid for early European trades in higher volumes on high volumes. Softer at 104.10 now.
- EUR – tanked to test 1.0520 After the German CPI and USD offer, it’s back to 1.0580 now.
- JPY – hit new 7-mth lows under 130.00 At 129.50 Tuesday before getting back to work 131.40 Trades at and highs today 130.40 now.
- GBP – Sterling plunged to 1.1900 USD rallied before recovering at the key 1.2000 today.
- Stocks – The US markets shut down (-0.40-0.76%). US500 -15.36 (-0.40%() 3824 #TSLA -12.24% The worst performer. #APPL fell -3.74% And its market cap is now at below $2 trillion. XOM & CVX Hit starting at a -4% collapse in Oil prices. US500.F Trades 3853 now.
- USOil – Tanked starting Continue reading…